2nd degree (Master)
Coordinator Office Hours:
Prof Chloe Perin
We will learn various aspects of the class of limit groups: algebraic, geometric and model theoretic.
Learning outcomes - On successful completion of this module, students should be able to:
Understand and use limit groups.
Teaching arrangement and method of instruction:
1. Definitions - algebraic, geometric and model theoretic.
2. Limit groups and equations in the free group: limit quotients.
3. Limiting real tree.
4. Makanin-Razborov diagrams.
5. Constructible limit groups.
6. (Time permitting) Shortening argument.
Additional Reading Material:
End of year written/oral examination 0 %
Presentation 0 %
Participation in Tutorials 0 %
Project work 100 %
Assignments 0 %
Reports 0 %
Research project 0 %
Quizzes 0 %
Other 0 %